2.2.14

Romantic gradient lip tutorial

This is a look inspired a little bit by valentines day. It's soft, it's girly and it's sweet. You won't even end up with red lipstick everywhere after a good makeout session haha!


Gradient lips can look really daunting to do, but it's really easy. This look is a variation on the ulzzang gradient lips, which usually only uses a liptint and is very subtle and delicate looking. I find that the ulzzang gradient lips don't suit me as they are too light, and I prefer to wear a darker lip. Instead I have chosen to use the L'Oreal Lip Caresse in Juliet, which is very strong and pigmented, and the more jelly-ish Revlon Lip Butter to blend it out and smooth out the gradient.

You can also try this look with purples, hot pinks or bright reds. Colours you may find too daunting to wear normally but will look great as a softer gradient.


I paired it up with a beige, taupe and grey eye look, these subtle colours really suit the soft gradient lips well.

What kind of makeup do you like to wear for valentines day? Sexy? Sweet?

10 comments:

  1. I love gradient lips, it's a subtle but one of the best and prettiest looks ;) I like your tutorial, I've never tried it with lipsticks before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love gradient lips. I tried them out once and they looked just gorgeous. You have inspired me to wear this look this upcoming Valentine's day or even this spring much more often!! ^^

    Ro.

    http://pinklillyland.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally nail the gradient lips! love it! http://azwaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey I love this tutorial! Nice color of lips!
    xoxo
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Tutorial!
    Happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for dropping by my blog lovely! [: great tutorial you got here, and i am definitely inspired!

    cannot wait to see more from you [:

    if you're interested, lets follow each other! do let me know.

    Xxx
    www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohhh neat idea!! :D thanks for sharing!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous idea, love it for a natural tint look !
    Do visit my blog & if you like, follow me on GFC, Bloglovin & Twitter, leave a comment & I'll surely follow back! Have a lovely day!

    Feisty Fox Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  9. thx for sharing~~

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG

    the STYLE Fringe BLOGLOVIN

    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's such a pretty look! I love the gradient effect :)
    www.metallicpaws.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...